Monday, May 02, 2005

Why I no longer use Google News

WorldNetDaily:

The dominant search engine on the Internet is getting ready to begin ranking news searches by "quality rather than simply by their date and relevance to search times," giving preference to big news agencies such as CNN, BBC and AP.

For a while now, "quality" journalism has been a leftist code word for "discredited, unpopular, left-leaning news sources that we like", in contradistinction to the much more popular Fox News or WorldNetDaily which hardly ever turn up on Google News despite their much greater popularity.

Given that Blogger is owned by Google also, I wonder whether it's time to move my blog to my own domain. I wouldn't want Blogger to get any slower for me by allocating greater bandwidth to quality blogs.

"Freedom of the press belongs to him who owns one."